Board Director Online Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are between The Financial Times Limited ("FT") and the person who completes the relevant booking form ("You") for The Online Board Director Course as described in the booking form ("the Course").
Confirmation of bookings
1. All bookings are subject to acceptance by FT, which will be confirmed in writing (including by e-mail) after FT has received the completed booking form, the related fee if required (the "Fee"), and anything else that FT may require.
2. Upon FT's written confirmation to You of its acceptance of your booking for a place on the Course there shall be a legally binding contract between FT and You to which these terms and conditions apply.
3. FT reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its absolute discretion.
4. Fees for the Course are correct at the time of publication. FT reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by FT. The Fees (where required) are payable at the same time as You submit your booking form by credit card or debit card.
5. The Fees includes single-user access to the online Course materials for a period of 3 months.
6. Under VAT Excise regulations You are required to pay any VAT, excise duty or other sales tax which is applicable in your country.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
7. In certain circumstances it may be necessary for FT to alter the content or format of the Course.
8. If You no longer wish to participate on the Course for which you have registered, please contact the FT Board Director Programme on +44 (0) 207 873 4909 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will refund You any Fees You have paid in advance provided you notify us no later than 24 hours from the Course login credentials being sent to You and provided You have not accessed any of the Course Materials.
9. If the Course becomes inaccessible before You are due to complete the Course, we will refund any Fees You have paid in advance within 8 weeks. You agree that FT's liability to You will be limited to the amount of the Fees You have paid and FT will not be liable to You for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by You as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
10. FT reserves the right to cancel your Course booking and retain any Fees received in respect of your proposed Course booking if You (or any of the shareholders or directors of the legal entity which You represent) become(s) subject to any Sanction, or continuation of these terms would (in the reasonable opinion of FT) expose FT or any of its affiliated companies to any Sanction, where "Sanction" means any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, Hong Kong or United States of America.
11. All intellectual property rights in the Course materials remain the intellectual property of the FT. You are not authorised to:
(i) copy, modify, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the Course materials without prior written permission;
(ii) record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the Course materials
(iv) remove any copyright or other notice of FT on the Course materials;
(v) modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble any software forming part of the Course; or
(vi) share your login credentials.
Breach by You of this clause 11 shall allow FT to immediately terminate and cease to provide You with access to the Course materials.
12. In consideration of the Fees paid by You, FT grant to You a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the Course materials and the software in respect of the Course for a 6-month period.
13. FT disclaims all liability for any inaccurate information provided in the Course materials and any reliance by You on such information.
14. To the maximum extent permitted by law, FT shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
16. FT will only contact you for marketing purposes, and will only pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes, to the extent that you expressly consent to this (for example, by opting in during the registration process).
18. Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking
19. These terms contain the entire agreement between You and FT.
20. If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
21. Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
22. A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
23. These terms shall be governed by English law and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit FT's right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
24. If You have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact the FT Board Director Programme at email@example.com
25. These terms and conditions were published on 30th April 2020 and apply to all bookings placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version.