Board Director Online Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions govern use and access to The Online Board Director Course ("the Course") and are between The Financial Times Limited ("FT") and:
i. individuals who have completed the relevant booking form (“Individual Booking”); or
ii. individuals who have been provided with access to the Course by their employer completing the relevant booking form (“Corporate Booking”).
In each case, the relevant individual provided with access to the Course, either through the Individual Booking or Corporate Booking, shall be referred to as “You” throughout these terms and conditions.
Confirmation of bookings
1. All Individual and Corporate Bookings are subject to acceptance by FT, which will be confirmed in writing (including by e-mail) after FT has received the completed booking form (“Booking Form”) the related fee if required (the "Fee") and anything else that FT may require.
2. Upon FT's written confirmation to You or your employer of its acceptance of your booking for a place on the Course there shall be a legally binding contract between FT and You to which these terms and conditions apply. If You do not consent to your employer making a booking on your behalf, please inform your employer immediately.
3. FT reserves the right to refuse to accept any Booking Form in its absolute discretion.
4. FT reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by FT. The Fees (where required) are payable by credit or debit card at the same time as You or your employer submit your Booking Form.
5. The Fee under Individual Bookings includes single-user access to the online Course materials for a period of 3 months. For Corporate Bookings, the Fee includes single-user access (for multiple individuals) to the online Course materials for a period of 3 months. In each case, the relevant Booking Form will specify which Course materials You are entitled to access under the Course.
6. Under VAT Excise Regulations, You or your employer is required to pay any VAT, excise duty or other sales tax which is applicable in your country.
7. FT reserves the right to alter the content or format of the Course at any time.
8. For Individual Bookings, if You no longer wish to participate on the Course for which you have registered, please contact the FT Board Director Programme on +44 (0) 207 873 4909 or email at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will refund You any Fees You have paid in advance provided you notify us no later than 24 hours from the Course login credentials being sent to You and provided You have not accessed any of the Course Materials.
9. Corporate Bookings are non-refundable.
10. FT reserves the right to cancel any Booking Form and retain any Fees received if You (or any of the shareholders or directors of the legal entity which You represent) become(s) subject to any Sanction, or continuation of these terms would (in the reasonable opinion of FT) expose FT or any of its affiliated companies to any Sanction, where "Sanction" means any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, Hong Kong or United States of America.
11. All intellectual property rights in the Course materials remain the intellectual property of the FT. You are not authorised to:
(i) copy, modify, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the Course materials without prior written permission;
(ii) record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the Course materials
(iv) remove any copyright or other notice of FT on the Course materials;
(v) modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble any software forming part of the Course; or
(vi) share your login credentials or password.
Breach by You of this clause 11 shall allow FT to immediately terminate the applicable Booking Form and cease to provide You with access to the Course materials.
12. In consideration of the Fees paid by You or your employer, FT grant to You a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to access the Course materials via the online learning platform (the “Platform”) in respect of the Course for a 3-month period.
(i) You are responsible for all activities carried out on the Platform under your username;
(ii)You must not interfere with, or try to interfere with, information that belongs to another user; and
(iv) You will not use the Platform to use or publish material that is obscene, libelous or defamatory.
14. The Platform on which the Course materials are made available is compatible with generally-used internet browser / operating system environments, but You are responsible for ensuring that your computer and internet setup is compatible.
15. FT disclaims all liability for any inaccurate information provided in the Course materials and any reliance by You on such information.
16. To the maximum extent permitted by law, FT shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
18. For Corporate Bookings, by submitting registration details, You agree to allow FT to share details relating to your progress and performance on the Course with your employer.
19. FT will only contact you for marketing purposes, and will only pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes, to the extent that you expressly consent to this (for example, by opting in during the registration process).
21. Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking.
22. These terms and conditions contain the entire agreement between You and FT.
23. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
24. Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
25. A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
26. These terms shall be governed by English law and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit FT's right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
27. If You have any questions about these terms and conditions, please contact the FT Board Director Programme at firstname.lastname@example.org
28. These terms and conditions were published on 28 May 2020 and apply to all Individual and Corporate Bookings placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version.
re published on 30th April 2020 and apply to all bookings placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version.