Booking Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are between The Financial Times Limited ("FT") and the person who completes the relevant booking form ("You") for the FT Board Director Programme (face to face or virtual) as described in the booking form (the "Programme").
Confirmation of bookings
1. All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by FT, which will be confirmed in writing (including by e-mail) after FT has received the completed booking form, the related fee if required (the "Fee"), and anything else that FT may require.
2. Upon FT's written confirmation to You of its acceptance of your booking for a place on the Programme there shall be a legally binding contract between FT and You to which these terms and conditions apply.
3. FT reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its absolute discretion.
4. Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking.
5. Fees for the Programme are correct at the time of publication. FT reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by FT. The Fees (where required) are payable at the same time as You submit your booking form by credit card or cheque.
6. The Fees include one place on the Programme (either virtually or face to face, as specified in the booking form). For Programmes held face to face, the Fees also includes refreshments during the Programme and access to Programme materials. For Programmes held virtually, the Fees includes access to the relevant software and Programme materials.
7. The Fees do not include travel to or from the Programme or any accommodation costs incurred.
8. Under VAT Excise regulations delegates from all countries are required to pay VAT @ 20% on all face to face and virtual Programmes taking place in the United Kingdom. For Programmes taking place in other countries, delegates are required to pay any VAT, excise duty or other sales tax which is applicable.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
9. Whilst both our face to face and virtual Programmes are correct at the time of going to press, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for FT to alter the content, format, venue, delivery medium or timing of a Programme. All delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the Programme taking place.
10. If You cannot attend the Programme for which You have registered, please contact the FT Board Director Programme Co-ordinator on +44 (0) 207 873 4909 or at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Programme is due to take place). No refunds will be given, however the FT may at our absolute discretion allow You to send a substitute in place (provided that FT has received the details of such substitute prior to 24 hours before the Programme is scheduled to take place). Alternatively, FT may allow You to attend the next available Programme (please note FT will only allow one deferral of the Programme date after which all fees will be forfeited).
11. FT may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel a Programme, and we will notify You as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. If the Programme is cancelled, or if the Programme is postponed and You cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees You have paid in advance within 8 weeks. You agree that FT's liability to You will be limited to the amount of the Fees You have paid and FT will not be liable to You for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by You as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
12. FT reserves the right to cancel your booking and retain any Fees received in respect of your proposed Programme booking if You (or any of the shareholders or directors of the legal entity which You represent) become(s) subject to any Sanction, or continuation of these terms would (in the reasonable opinion of FT) expose FT or any of its affiliated companies to any Sanction, where "Sanction" means any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, Hong Kong or United States of America.
Your attendance on the Programme (face to face)
13. FT reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse You admission or eject You from the Programme for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in FT's opinion You represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Programme.
14. You are permitted to make reasonable video or audio recordings and to take photographs during the Programme, in each case for your own personal use. You must not make video or audio recordings of the whole (or substantially the whole) of the Programme or of any session within the Programme, or use any recordings or photographs for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by FT.
15. You acknowledge that the Programme or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of delegates. You agree to permit FT, or any third party licensed by FT, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs. Please inform the photographer if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.
16. You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance on the Programme. To the maximum extent permitted by law, FT shall not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to You or your personal property, unless caused by our negligence.
17. Materials distributed by or on behalf of FT during the Programme may not be reproduced without FT's permission.
Your attendance on the Programme (virtual)
a) You are responsible for all activities carried out on the platform under your username;
b) You must not interfere with, or try to interfere with, information that belongs to another user;
c) You will not use the platform to use or publish material that is obscene, libelous or defamatory;
d) You will not copy, modify, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the Programme materials without prior written permission;
e) You will not record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the Programme materials;
f) You will not remove any copyright or other notice of FT on the Programme materials;
g) You will not modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble any software forming part of the Programme; and
h) You will not share your login credentials or password.
19. The platform on which the Programme materials are made available is compatible with generally-used internet browser / operating system environments, but You are responsible for ensuring that your computer and internet setup is compatible.
20. Views expressed by speakers are their own and FT disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during the Programme. Materials distributed during the Programme are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
21. To the maximum extent permitted by law, FT shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
23. The names, job titles and organisations of all registered delegates will be placed on the delegate list for the Programme. This list may be provided to sponsoring companies and to all delegates via an online attendee directory, so that they can see who is on the Programme for the purpose of networking and meetings. If You do not wish to be included on this list please email email@example.com at the time of making your booking. Delegates who register for the online attendee directory acknowledge and agree that they shall not, under any circumstances, use the delegate list for their own promotional and marketing purposes.
24. FT will only contact you for marketing purposes, and will only pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes, to the extent that you expressly consent to this (for example, by opting in during the registration process).
26. These terms contain the entire agreement between You and FT.
27. If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
28. Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
29. A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
30. These terms shall be governed by English law and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit FT's right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
31. If You have any questions about these terms and conditions, please contact the FT Board Director Programme at firstname.lastname@example.org
32. These terms and conditions were published on 1 July 2020 and apply to all bookings placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version.